for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Friday, March 17, 2006

eyes up


For a number of reasons, things have not been going so well for me lately in what is often called 'my walk with God'. Any number of reasons really; frustration, confusion, mistrust (and believe me, the list could just keep going) - maybe they can just all be summed up with that nasty little word, sin. But because I have been sick lately, and have had to take a couple of days off work, I've had time to lay in my hammock and read and watch the world go by. Here are some of the thoughts that I came up with: sunshine is good and it comes from God, I am unbelievably grateful that God is patient with me and doesn't deal with me as I deserve (cf Ps 103:8-10), although its a bit twisted, it's fun to watch ants try and swim when they meet with your glass of water...

The highlight last night was getting to go over to Pen's house (on the right) and have dinner with her and Alison (left). Two friends who you can always count on for laughter and wisdom - I luv 'em

PS:Lachlan - cheaters never prosper (all evidence to the contrary) but i will try and remember to bring your mars bar on sunday

5 Comments:

  • At 11:13 am, Blogger Lachlan Payne said…

    What? Me!?!

    I never cheated.

    You said no Googling.

     
  • At 12:31 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    hey trailblazer! i'll see what i can do about the brownies - i was thinking muffins or gingerbread men...

    did you actually get to listen to the song lachlan? one of those thoughtful ones that, with it's profoundness, has (obviously) become a favourite of mine

     
  • At 1:34 pm, Blogger Lachlan Payne said…

    Listen to it? Noooo. I just Yahooed the lyrics.

     
  • At 1:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is almost as true as it was when it was written...

     
  • At 12:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    although it sucks to be sick, reading on the hammock sounds very good! hehe
    I didnt know you knew Tim (just looked at ur flicker)! There you go! He really does know everyone i know haha
    Hope you are feeling better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home