for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I've spent the last two days walking all over Canberra in anticipation of NTE - in particular getting the things for ushering nailed away before we get down there again.
I'm excited about this year - more so than others I think. I guess that is what happens when you take ownership in things huh?

But while we were wondering around I came across this wall in one of the ANU buildings. It's just a wall that guests are asked to sign in simple black markers. Everyone is invited to sign - but only one is covered under some perspex glass. Can you read it? Nelson Mandela.

Now at this point I could ask all sorts of politically motivated questions... why is his signature more worthy of being immortalised than anyone else's? what does it say about the artistic sensibilities of the organisers....? But all I really wanted to point out is one of the signatures that is directly above N.M's. Do you notice the pudgy angel?

Leunig. Classic. Where else could you get two very different types of greatness so close together?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home