for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Sunday, August 05, 2007

How many Christians can you know at the snow?

So, it wasn't exactly the weekend I had originally planned to have. Months ago, a friend from college called and suggested that we spend the weekend hanging out and catching up while skiing. Perfect right? Until Thursday that is, when she called and told me that she was unable to make it because of illness. You can imagine my dilemma having already forked out some cash and being keen to hit the slopes... so, I sucked up some courage and decided to still go and stay with her husband and his friends (ie pretty much not knowing anyone).

After 2 and a bit days I worked out that I had either met once before, or had connections with about 17 people down there (and not just from our group because I ran into more on the mountain). It was bizarre - like the two and a bit degrees of separation that most Christians seem to have. All in all, once I passed through my discomfort barriers, it was a fantastic weekend of hanging out with some really lovely people.

And the snow was good too. Ok, not as great as Whilster in Dec/Jan (I think I've been spoilt), but still good. And I've walked away with no broken bones - just a little whiplash and concussion. But it was worth it.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:46 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    turns out concussion, not so worth it.

    been told to take a couple of days off. apparently it's a problem that i can't automatically remember that it's 2005...

     
  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    or 2007...

    A couple of days rest should do you some good.

     
  • At 4:47 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    well, at least with the post i was joking about the year. too bad you don't still have days off with that nasty eye - we could have done a massive movie marathon.
    but while at the snow i found a new picnic buddy for us at the soccer. Jay's wife, Lucy, and i became snow/hot choccie/gluvine buddy's... she's lovely and has promised to join us next week. see you then!

     
  • At 1:46 pm, Blogger Matty said…

    I was just speaking to a good friend today who said that he and a few other friends met you at the snow - just making the two and bit degrees even more acute...

    Good to hear you enjoyed yourself regardless!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home