for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What do early mornings at the gym and having coffee with two muslim girls have in common? Both can leave you exhausted, uncomfortable, sore and feeling a little beaten up.
The girls today were...tough? Is that the right word? I don't quite know how to describe it. I got hi-jacked a little - I was expecting to meet with up with one girl and she brought a friend. A friend who was brought, I suspect, to speak for her. Another word to describe it our time was circles, circles, circles. That is all they wanted to talk in.

But we did come to one point of clarity after almost 2 hours: I asked them if they think I am going to hell: yes. They asked the same question of me: yes.

Thanks for those who have been praying for me and sending messages of support and encouragement over the last couple of weeks with mission things (sorry for my lack of responsiveness sometimes!). It's been greatly appreciated. But here is my prayer to share for right now (at least for the Christians who read this): that we are people who actually know God's word. So many times I would ask them where in the koran they were speaking from and they couldn't tell me. My prayer is that we have the intellectual integrity to actually know what we profess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home