for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Sunday, January 13, 2008

South for the Summer

I've spent the week here:


It was, as always, a great week. Filled with spending time with wonderful friends and making some new ones. There were dinner parties every second night and although I have a life that's very different from these people (all in their 50-late 60's) it was amazing how easy they all were to get to know and hang out with - sunset drinks each night over looking the beach is not a bad way to end a day if you ask me.

While away I was reading a fictional book called "The Old Man and Mr Smith" which had the basic premise that God (the Old Man) and Mr Smith (the devil) decided to come down to earth and roam around together for a little while to see just what humanity was up to - and whether God and the devil seem to play a role in people's lives any more. It was a fascinating book and if you can get your hands on a copy I highly recomend it because, although secular and very off base in it's biblical theology, it had some interesting points and things to consider.

But at the same time I've been listening to a series on 'Ruth' by Mark Driscoll. I haven't spent much time listening to him before but recently downloaded this series off itunes and I'm really glad that I did. The contrast between these sermons and reading the book was a staggering reminder at how far the world is from understanding the sovereignty of the true God that I worship and serve. There were many challenges for me in listening to the series - but the primary question rolling through my head is, as a woman, what kind of legacy do I want to leave behind? It was a question that Driscoll posed and while I've thought about it before, it's only since this week that I've started to strategically think about the kind of legacy that I want to be, and leave, for my family, friends and those that I minister to. It seems to me that if we think about the type of legacy that we want to leave behind us, then we should be a lot more strategic in our day to day actions... something to think about and pray through.


It was a week of things to delight the senses. Good food and wine featured as well - a lot. One day we went to an amazing winery and restaurant (that's the photo above - I actually think it's my new favourite restaurant in NSW) and had a sensational meal with this delightful trio of citrus tarts finishing off my meal. Isn't it great to be able to indulge in all the senses that God gave us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home