for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wanted - A life less ordinary

In the last week, while the team was doing some r'n'r after the last month (yes yes I will post about that sometime later too) we went to see the movie "wanted" with Jolie, Freeman and Mcavoy. Like it or hate it, it's a movie that gets you thinking (once you get past the bizarre plot and random violence that is) and in the last month I've been doing a lot of thinking - so this is just to get the ball rolling for you if you've been taking a break from engaging with yourself and the world we're in.

I wouldn't normally put profanity on this blog but I'm (sort of) making an exception to give you the last line of the movie where one character states:
"This is me, taking back control of my life. What the f*** have you done lately"?
I gotta say, I LOVED this line. It's such a powerful question isn't it?

What have you done?

What have I done?

Do you even have any chance of taking control of your life and is it even your life to have control over?

For the last month and a bit I have often felt so out of my depth, so out of control that it's been a question that's played over and over in my mind long before someone else voiced it for me. And now, as I sit back in the comfort of my own home it feels so much easier to avoid the questions than have to confront them and find the answers to them.

Have you influenced the world you're in or just experienced it? When and to whom do you make a difference?

This isn't the week for me to answer all of these questions, but it's been a good week to have off and think through some of these things. And sleep. Sleep, sleep, sleep...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:32 pm, Blogger Chelsea Taylor said…

    my goodness this post is very close to home right now!!

    pushing comfort zones is hard but so SO necessary im discovering!!

    as for taking control of our lives - bring that on! i think i need a stick-it note on my brain to remind me of this every day! ;)

    Its funny, i was talking to someone just yesterday about stepping out of our comfort zone of spending time with Christians all the time to really take the action we so often talk about at church,and especially with connect 09, and speaking so honestly and passionatly about it.... yet if i cant do this in other areas of my life how much harder will this one be!?! wow...

    hmm as i said jodi, good timing for this post...
    ill be back...more thinking to do...
    actually, more Doing to do!...
    ;)

     
  • At 4:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm. This still looks like the post from three months ago. I think I need to get my eyes checked...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home