for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Cos I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again..."

Mmmm, not exactly true because I do know when I'll be back but the song and it's meaning will still translate. As off 5pm tomorrow afternoon I will be on a plane and very (very) ready to be out of Sydney for a while.

I think I need to clear up some confusions though. A number of people have presumed that I'm OS already but I am still in NSW - I've been on an AFES staff conference this week in Stanwell Tops. Although I'm still recovering (health wise) and I've been a little scatty because of all the last minute prep's, it has been a great week. Mostly just catching up with peers who are doing the same sorts of things all around the country, and it's been a great blessing to catch up with some of the girls and beat some of the boys at 500 (sorry, couldn't resist!).

Also - in terms of itinerary... yes I do actually fly to Paris first. Some much loved girls of 'mine' from UTS have been there for 6 months now so I feel very blessed that I've been able to use my frequent flyer points and head to France to spend some time with them - both one on one and in a small group as we head down to the south of France to do a bit of a retreat together. France has never been know for being the most hospitable for Christians, so I'm longing to see how they're doing and how we can mutually encourage each other. I'm sure there will be many pics and little stories over the next couple of weeks from over there (keep looking to the flickr site because I'll be putting more pics up there if you're interested in that sort of thing).

From there, I'm on another plane over to the Gulf region where the team will be meeting me as they fly in a few hours later.

It's almost hard to believe that 10 months of planning is just around the corner. Thanks for your prayers. I'll write more sometime soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    God Bless Jodi!

    I hope that you have a really awesome time over there!

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Bec Spires said…

    so you did win in the end? I forgot to ask this morning... Enjoy your Yotel ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home