for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Saturday, April 01, 2006

my band of brothers...

Can my weekends be getting any better at the moment? For someone who has worked for most of her weekends since 14, I am reveling in something that a lot of my peers have taken for granted for a long time - weekends off. I've had the last 2 completely off from doing any Saturday makeup jobs, and I am loving them! This morning saw Penny and I woolfing down scrambled eggs, steamed flat mushrooms & crispy bacon on sour-dough bread as we caught up at New Orleans Cafe in Crows Nest. Next I was off to the greens of Bobbin Head road to watch the first game of the season for the Emerald Greens A6 team followed swiftly by racing back to Lane Cove to watch the firsts of A4 play. And it was wins all round! 3-0, 5-0 and 5-1; these guys were on fire! So I am shamelessly ripping off their logo created (I think) by Lachlan (hope that's ok lunch?) in order to promote them to people outside of the CCSI circle (next time I'll take my own photos but dad has the camera this weekend).

I'm going to call them the band of brothers from now on - cos that's why I go to support them. One well intentioned co-watcher/cheerer today asked me which special one in particular I was there to watch (ie a boyfriend?), to which I somewhat sheepishly responded that they're all special - they're my brothers in Christ. On his blog, Lachlan asked the question "can there be fellowship in football?" - and I think the answer is yes. In paraphrase, Psalm 133 says:

How good and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!
Like precious oil poured on the head...
For there the Lord bestows His blessing,
even life evermore

But more than us living in unity together (and yes I am aware that I've slightly just called myself one of the boys - a phrase that I detest for girls!) and having fun together - here is a great time and chance for God's community to be growing together and witnessing to others. So I shall keep going and cheering and screaming and jumping up and down like a mad woman (something that I am now paying for as it hurts to talk, I think I've thrown my neck out and I have an overly pink face courtesy of the late afternoon sun). But now I get to relax tonight with a good movie, a heat pack for my neck, a glass or two of my favourite red, my fluffy pink slippers and comfiest trackies - I wish the same simple pleasures on you all!

12 Comments:

  • At 10:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Emerald Green is on fire.

     
  • At 10:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. It's Marson isn't it?

    It's ok -- you can tell me.

     
  • At 11:05 am, Blogger jodi said…

    you crack me up lachlan!!! :)

     
  • At 2:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh that sounds like such a great day jodi!!
    breakie out and curling up for a movie with wine and trackies - two of my fav things to do in a weekend too!

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah,

    Nothing like a sun-kissed face to top off an afternoon. I take it you didn't apply any SPF 15/30+ moisturiser (or similar), then?

    I hope, and I say this truthfully, that you didn't watch Elizabethtown. Noone deserves that.

    AND - a soccer ball has 32 panels.

    Ms. Anon. :)

    PS - I will reveal my identity this week, hey... in person!

     
  • At 6:26 am, Blogger jodi said…

    Excellent - i look forward to knowing who you are... and sadly no, i didn't apply sunscreen to my face - there is a lesson there for all (esp considering how paranoid i am about skin cancer)
    no - not elizabeth town, but i've heard that it's good, of well, each to their own.
    32 panels? really? is that standard? must they have 32 to be played with? i feel sorry for all the other ones being excluded if they're different...

     
  • At 10:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ermmm... I guess it is standard? But would you actually feel sorry for them? Really? I have played many a soccer game with panel-less soccer balls - I thought it unfair to discriminate. So perhaps panel-less balls have their own happily-ever-after to look forward to after all. In which case you can Be Happy!

    And you'll only find out if you are On Time...

    :)

     
  • At 5:14 pm, Blogger Robbo said…

    The emerald green has always been on fire lunch

     
  • At 7:50 pm, Blogger Mr Tiedt said…

    What a great afternoon it was... next game we're all expecting pom poms from jodi...

     
  • At 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jodi screaming and waving pom poms? Hmm...truly bizarre.

     
  • At 10:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh you should see elizabethtown jodi - each to their own indeed - but i think its good and would definately recommend it :)
    And go you for supporting our brothers like that! I should so join you in that some time! :)

     
  • At 10:32 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    ah yes joel - there's a whole side to jodi that you guys never get to see... :)
    (welcome to the blog and being able to get a teeny tiny glimpse of it!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home