for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Friday, July 06, 2007

from one tour to another...

Im back. Sort of. For 12 more hours before the CRU HSC study camp. The tour with the AYWK's crew was good - tough at times, but worth every second for what I personally was able to be challenged by and learn through. Some stories wont be shared here, but I'll share a couple of highlights from our time at Fraser.

A major one was getting to do the 4WD'ing across Fraser in one of these 11 seater troupee's. I had a blast and only once got a little bogged at Indian Heads - but I figure it was when I came into parking, and only took me a few minutes to get out on on my own, so it doesn't really count...

For the first time I was all set up and cosy in a tent as we camped at Dunburra for 3 days and it was great - anyone looking to join on a camping adventure sometime let me know! The weather was gorgeous - shorts and t-shirts weather and it was beautiful swimming at Champagne Pools with tropical fish. But in the end - it really was an experience because of the people that I got to share it with. Through good and bad, they are brothers and sisters and it was a privileged to do it with two men, Graham and Andy, that I have so much respect for.

So here's one snapshot from the Maheno, more (with stories) will be added to flickr soon for those who want more details.
xxx. J.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:48 am, Blogger Justin said…

    And you become mates with Ruth Lukabyo... (I spoke with Ruth today).

     
  • At 8:59 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    and she's awesome isn't she? it felt like my world's were colliding - did you get our sms photo?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home