for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All work and no play makes Jodi a dull blogger...

Ok - so first up I have an apology to make (apparently). The other night I was taken to task by one reader for not being too consistent in the number of posts I've been making lately... I wouldn't have thought this was too much of an issue myself, but there you have it.
So for the moment, let me tell you that I've return to be a wandering gypsy and will be away from Sydney/home for the next month or so. Not international this time, but very much up and down the east coast of the great land of Oz. As I type, I'm sitting in Stanwell Tops conference centre on the AFES Snr Staff conference - sometimes very challenging and others (like now as I sit in the board review) not so much. Last night was one of the challenging times as we looked at the role of women in ministry as per a exegesis of the greek 1 Tim 2:11-15. Always going to be thought provoking for me because I want to be thinking about what I do as I do teach young men and women, or, in the case of this coming semester, preach at Credo public meeting. Always good to re-think my position and try and humbly sit under God's word.
The highlight of the next month is going to be heading to Fraser Is (pretty much this time next week). I CAN'T WAIT! I know that it's an abhorrent thought to some, by I am longing to just spend a week on my own.
I wont bore people with the details - you'll just get them, and reflections as the weeks go on.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:34 pm, Blogger Lachlan Payne said…

    Don't drop my camera in the sand. I did it once. It wasn't good.

     
  • At 4:10 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    i wont. i promise. i'll try.
    nah just kidding - that's why mr camera man invented straps right?

     
  • At 5:09 pm, Blogger Rory Shiner said…

    Jodi,
    According to the record, you posted this post at 11:30am on Wednesday 13 June. From memory we were all in a meeting then, listening faithfully to someone about something. What were you doing?

     
  • At 5:12 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    the "someone or something" was the board report.... and that's tough going! (besides, we all know that girls can do two things at once)

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Blogger Martin Kemp said…

    so study camp isn't going to be the highlight of the coming month?

     
  • At 5:40 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    guess it depends on how entertaining the rest of the team is...

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Technically - and allow me to compartmentalise your holiday schedule here, Jodi :-) - Fraser Island should be the highlight of June (that is This Month) as that's when you're going. Then that leaves Study Camp as the highlight of July. Failing that... we always have Getaway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home