for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Thursday, May 03, 2007

It's been a crappy 48 hours but this is the quickest way to get a scratch of info out to people as to my lack of responsiveness. I'm in Gosford, staying with my Nanna while my Pop, at this moment, lies in surgery that will continue until around 11pm. I came up yesterday after hearing that he has had another heart attack. Doctors have said he wont survive long without surgery (a couple of days?) - but that he probably wont survive another invasive procedure (he just had one a couple of months ago). But he's a tough, stubborn Scottish man - so I'm holding out hope.

I know that there are some who read this who are not Christian - and to that end I ask you to read this next section with an open mind, patience, to be challenged or at the very least, with the knowledge that it is unbelievably hard for me to write.

No one in my family are Christian. Last night my Nan told me that Pop turned his back on God, and the church, a number of years ago. Trying to offer words of comfort or hope (in the face of a situation where I know from Scripture that there is none) that are also true... I am finding almost to hard to bear. But by the grace of God...

Please pray for my family and myself. I'm working off about 3 hours sleep here since Wednesday morning. Will post more later.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:09 am, Blogger bec said…

    Oh Jodi, I'm sorry to hear this. Am praying for you and your family.

    Love
    Bec

     
  • At 2:18 pm, Blogger sam said…

    praying for you jodi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home