for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ETC has been and gone and it was a really great time. I've decided that from now on, the staff are going to have a champagne breakfast on the last morning to say "yeah, we got through the first semester!" There were times when I would question it... but it's all worked out in the end. More reflections about ETC will come later, but for now I have something far more important for you to read/think about and, if you're a Christian, then to ask you to pray about.


This is one of my favourite photos. I took it on April 10th 2005 within minutes of Penny and Marty saying their 'I do's". I love it - spontaneous, carefree and full of joy in the moments that have been and are to come.

Two years and one day later (ie today) saw Pen and I sitting in the New Orleans cafe in Crows Nest while Marty lies in surgery having one of his kidneys removed because of the threat of the dreaded word... cancer.


Really there are two scenarios at the moment. The first is they take out a kidney and everything will be ok. The second is that Marty's recent anaemia is a sign that the cancer is already in the kidneys. If this is the case, then the doctors have said there is nothing more they would be able to do. I can't believe that I actually have to say that, let alone that it is even the remotest of possibilities for my beloved friends.

Can you please pray that isn't going to be the outcome? That the docs really have just laid out worst case scenario because they have to?

I have to say this has been a head spinning couple of months, hence less than previously seen quantities of posts becuase it's been tough to process it all. I didn't think I could see so much hardship and suffering happening to so many people that I love all at once. It sucks not being able to take their pain away. Knowing that I'm not in control but that God, in His providence, is. It's hard.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praying, praying, praying.

     
  • At 11:29 pm, Blogger Louisa Claire said…

    my heart breaks. i will certainly pray.

     
  • At 3:59 am, Blogger Justin said…

    Let Marty know that we will keep him in our prayers...

     
  • At 12:50 am, Blogger Katie said…

    That's really awful Jodi... I hope it's good news.

    Good seeing you at ETC by the way, although I didn't really get to talk to you very much. Hopefully that will be remedied at some point soon.

    -KT*

     
  • At 8:20 am, Blogger jodi said…

    Happy to say that the actual operation itself went really well and, although in a fair amount of pain, Marty is recovering quite well.

    And onbehalf of them both can I say thanks so much for all of your prayers. When I told Pen yesterday she was truly touched an so encouraged that so many strangers would be praying for them.

     
  • At 3:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pleased to hear the operation went well. I will be praying for you and your friends Marty and Pen. Love u lots.

     
  • At 4:30 pm, Blogger Bethan Waterhouse said…

    Jodi, please know that like so many others, I'm praying for Marty and Penny, and for you as a friend. Take care. Lots of love, Beth

     
  • At 9:22 am, Blogger Louisa Claire said…

    such good news about the operation! praise God. please let us know how we can continue to pray.

     
  • At 10:04 am, Blogger jodi said…

    For those who check back - as I said, Marty's op went really well and the Doc's have said that the cancer was contained so they just keep monitoring over the next little while.
    Thanks again for the prayers and well wishes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home