for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Lessons From Childhood: # 1 - Don't dress your child like an elf

Left to right: mum, me (the chubby baby!) and my half brother and sister (my sister could soon be having a picture like this of her own cos she's 8 months pregnant). Now, I would like to think that I know my mother pretty well, and trust me, that look on her face says that she is definitely unhappy about something. It's the look she reserves for when she's either really hurt or really angry so I wonder what had been going on when that photo was taken.

It's kind of ironic when you contrast her face to the kids - and the seemingly ideal surroundings of our backyard picnic. Maybe she's just unhappy because she's realised that she's dressed her only daughter up as an elf - and I'm pretty sure it was well past Halloween. Lesson to parents everywhere - learn from the mistakes of the 70's and stop dressing your babies like fictitious characters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home