for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Monday, February 12, 2007

as soon as you read this...

...back up your hard-drive and any thing else that is technologically based. Now. Just go - stop reading and do it...

i have not backed up in a little while and so you can imagine that last week sucked as my computer crashed on me and i lost about 1200 photos, my 'i tunes' folders and can no longer access my 'macmail' and 'safari' (i'm using someone elses computer at the moment). Tonight i need to wipe my hard drive and start from scracth. This is not supposed to happen to macs surely? (admittedly it is my fault - but really, how was i supposed to know that you're meant to have more than 1gig on your start up drive!?)

sometimes technology sucks.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i heard a rumour that macs suck, too. apparently it's true. all signs would suggest so, anyway.

    but in all seriousness, that is really unlucky, jodi. hope you manage to sort it all out super quickly.

    a.

     
  • At 10:45 pm, Blogger Louisa Claire said…

    If only I could back up but our 'system' for this is currently not working - yikes! I think I'll go run my virus software instead. Thanks for the heads up and GOOD LUCK!!!

     
  • At 1:27 am, Blogger jodi said…

    alex - shame on you...
    louisa -thanks!

    (and for the record - i now think im a bit of a technological genius because i've got my baby all back and working - and i haven't lost anything! it only took me 6 days, 11hrs and 27 minutes to figure out how to do it!)

     
  • At 6:02 pm, Blogger Louisa Claire said…

    that qualifies as genius status to me! impressive!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home