for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Tonight marks the second night in a row that I have gotten to stay in my own place in about 7-8 weeks: and it's been so great today to just be able to sit around my own place - esp cooking my own food and not having to deal with the over processed "food" that you often get on camps.

JLC was good for two main reasons:


Firstly - being able to spend time with old friends (only Teresa and AP are pictured here but hopefully the others know how much I loved spending time with them too!)


Secondly - learning some things about myself and the people that I minister too. It was a pretty insightful week in starting to understand a little more about some of the key needs of uni students - primarily that many of them (and I'm only sort of sorry for the ones who read this who might get offended) need to start to learn to think for themselves about how they read and understand the bible - as opposed to just being spoon fed and regurgitating what they've heard before.

But the flip side is, that's also the challenge for me too then. How much have I - or any Christian - sunk into the patterns of not engaging with the bible for ourselves - and on it's own terms?

So yeah, it was a good week. And now, I finally get to have that glass of red...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:28 pm, Blogger Tim G said…

    Ahhh, sweet glass of red. How I think I might approach thee this evening!

    Glad to have you back. Looking forward to many photos from your travels!

     
  • At 2:32 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    thanks tim - all the photos you want are on the flickr in a 06/07 travel album.
    my little digi baby camera works!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home