for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another 48 hours

It's be a busy 24 hours, let alone 48. Yesterday was an early start to get over to Leichardt and do an all day shoot with James Cooper for a new artist, Claire Gabriel. And let me tell you - she is brilliant! I was stunned that such a powerful voice could come out of such a piette body! Look out for the album next March (some photos from the day in flickr).

Then today was busy running around changing money, buying the last minute things that i need to take with me and, oh yeah, packing. Thought it was about time that I got around to that...

There have been many things that I've missed from being away from my home for the last 3 and a bit weeks, and that I know I'll also miss in the next month. Here are some (in no particular order of course!):

*Family and friends
*Being able to cook/eat whatever i want from my own kitchen
*My dog
*Sitting out on the deck by my pool late at night and just looking at the stars and smelling the jasmine
*My bed and the way it smells (bit of a personal revelation but i scent my sheets with roses and lavender and it is sooooo good!)
*Foxtel digital
*Sprawling out on my own couch in my pj's
*Watching "The Biggest Loser" (but it's ok cos I got to watch the final last night - and yes, I cried for most of the time, esp with Brian and Marty)
*Vogel's muslei for breakie
*6:45

In all seriousness, it has been a little surprising to me just how much I've missed my 6:45 family (at Christ Church St.Ives for those who don't know). I've been able to visit other churches, but really - it's just not the same. I've missed the fellowship and regularly seeing people. I've missed the great teaching. For those who might be reading who go there (or to any church for that matter!) - can I please just urge, encourage... plead with you if necessary... not to take it for granted. Value and take joy in meeting together. I can't wait to be back in February.

This time tomorrow, I'll be in Tokyo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home