for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's been a bit of a long week. A few end of year things at Credo have taken up some emotional energy - saying some goodbyes have been harder than what I thought as has trying to help people in the process of reflecting on the year that they've had and how they have grown in spiritual maturity...both have required more than at time I thought I could give.

Added to that was the 6 or so hours I spent on google trying to find out what the link is between gingerbread houses and Christmas, and why we put them together for evangelistic events (if anyone knows pls tell me, my 6 hours of typing and reading didn't give me a reason only a history lesson!) So when I got to CCSI's gingerbread event on Thursday night to MC I was a little apprehensive as to if I would have enough energy, but it seemed to flow ok. The night itself was a hoot - I got to wander around and watch all sorts of women (including my mum) playing with bags of icing sugar and all sorts of sweet decorations. (NB - this is what the gingerbread houses could have looked like - but didn't)

Friday night I was speaking at a gingerbread event, for a church that I don't have any connection to, which I can sometimes find a little hard but I was feeling all ok when I started out the front door. Then I got in the car and turned on the ignition (not the engine) - funny thing about not having a handbrake on properly; turns out that cars can roll down hills, and through a metal gate and almost down an embankment in my garden... so I wasn't in the calmest state arriving to the church hall that night. The cars a bit scratched up, and the gate probably needs to get replaced, but praise God that was the worst of it!

Add to that a day of make-up eventing in the city, a late night playing poker (thanks to the boys for inviting me along as the token chick) - all made this a nice Sunday to hang by the pool or on the couch having nanna naps. Now I'm set for another Monday.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was beginning to wonder where you were. awesome that your mum was at CCSI... and that you and the car are ok. :)

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gingerbread Houses?

    Blame the Germans for those

     

Post a Comment

<< Home