for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

I can't sleep. I know I should be, but I can't.
What started out as a great night having a dinner party with friends turned out to be awful not long after 10 when I checked my mobile (which I had inconveniently put on silent earlier) to find 5 missed calls from my parents and one from my nanna. Not a good sign.
My beloved poppy has had a stroke. At this stage it looks at the best end of he scale - that is, a serious and bad stroke but early tests show good responses. He's not speaking but can recognise dad, squeeze his hand and has response to physical stimuli etc.
What gets to me the most, apart from the fact that right now I can't touch his hands or kiss his face, is that my nanna called my mobile (a number that I didn't even think she knew existed) and for a few hours was unable to contact me or my parents. What must she have been feeling? How do you cope with the grief of seeing the man you have loved and been married to for the better part of 60 years, helpless? And not be able to reach the rest of your family who you depend on?
I'm anxious to drive up to Gosford now, but mum and dad have told me not to, and I don't want to just be a crowd there and get in the way or potentially upset nanna. I hate feeling this helpless...

Can you please pray for them?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    absolutely. trust in Him.

     
  • At 10:08 pm, Blogger Justin said…

    Am praying, Jodi.

     
  • At 10:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can relate to that feeling of long distance helplessess. I know nothing i can say right now will be of much help, but that I am praying too, Jodi. It is all in His hands.

     
  • At 4:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Praying here. Anna G.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home