for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A fishy faith

So here's a little lesson in not giving up for you, a little lesson in faith.

Saturday night I came home expecting to find two dead fish stuck to my filter (cos I'd found two other ones in that state during the week). I had a look at the tank, and while they were still alive(ish) they looked like they were about to float off to fishy heaven. I'm no fish expect, but I don't think that they're supposed to have their noses to the gravel and be sort of floating vertically - right? I had the bag and the scoopy net thingy ready to throw them out... as far as I was concerned they were already dead.

But considering I didn't want to feel like a killer that night, I scooped them up and put them into a measuring jug instead - I figured I'd toss them in the morning. And blow me down if, when I looked the next morning, they were swimming around as happy as Larry.
Turns out, the babies (Alpha and Omega) had been getting freaked out by Vadar (the black one) because he was bullying them. So they're now in a separate little area - oh, and I bought Einstein (the white one that looks like he has a brain on the outside) to keep vadar in line (might be a problem that I just checked on them and Vadar is now biting him).

Blimey - who knew fish could be so psychotic and so demanding...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i never knew fish could be bullies!

     
  • At 6:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hm never knew they could be so demanding? did you know they could be very entertaining too?!
    We spent one night of core two years ago at the boys house in mosman watching their fish...seriously, like an hour at least, it was insane!...there was one in that tank that'd attack the others too and the guys loved it!
    ..bit of a worry really...

     
  • At 9:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    playground politics enters the fish bowl. who would have thought? good to see they're not giving The Bully what he wants.

    thoughts on the cds?

     
  • At 9:48 am, Blogger Goldy said…

    Fish can be pretty angry I guess. My brother once bought a fish that lasted a total of 4 seconds, being eaten as he was poured into the tank. Fish swims down, mouth goes up... gone!

     
  • At 9:47 am, Blogger jodi said…

    i spoke to soon - alpha's gone to fishy la la land...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home