for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Just read Philippians (esp 4:11)

Ok, so it's been a while. You know when you have those weeks when everything seems to pile up on you a little? Well, I'm there... But it's all good.
Actually, that's what I've been thinking a lot about lately. Everything being good - contentment.
Normally my life, as most peoples, goes up and down a lot and 'contentment' is something that I have often struggled with. But for the last few months everything has been really great in life. I have great friends (ok, so that's pretty much always a constant!) I'm enjoying work, sleeping better, eating better, excersising regularily, less stressed... blah blah blah - and it has been going on for months now. The beauty of it has been that my contenment hasn't been from anything overly dramatic happening, just taking joy in everyday events and having a better perspective on life. Through it all I have been so thankful to God, because I've recognised that it is all from His hands.
But a few weeks ago, in the Credo public meeting, Dave Hann was giving his first sermon in a series that we are doing on the book of Job (very worthwhile listening to if you have the time, try following the links via the Credo web page). He was talking about how he too is experiencing a great time of contentment - but that he had realised that he was a fool if his contentment was in his life's circumstances and not in God. It dawned on me that I've been doing that a little lately.
How silly is that? To be putting trust, and placing my contentment, in what is going on in my life - which history tells me is always up and down - rather than in the One who is constant?

Oh, and by the way - this post is for Marty, who chided me the other night for not having put something up in over a week. There'll be something else soon, I promise.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Marty sends his royal approval.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home