for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Friday, November 03, 2006

The Festivities: Day 2

It's official. Never again will I have a birth day - from now on a birth festival is the only way to go and I encourage everyone to embrace this philosophy! Thanks for the calls and well wishes - I think some people may have been a little surprised that I answered my phone by singing happy birthday to myself, but you get that...
Dinner last night was great, and the company was a lot of fun! Thanks to my mum and Penny (pictured) as well as the waiters who took the pictures and sent over the free drinks!


This morning was a somewhat rude awakening as I hit the gym for a session with Eva (the wonderful woman whose been helping me shape up) and felt as though my limbs were going to explode. But as always I felt better for having put some physical discipline in my life.
The highlight of the day though was going up to Gosford late this arvo and seeing Poppy sitting up in his bed, moving his left side and cracking jokes with the nurses as we got him cups of tea. It's the simple beauty of touch sometimes that makes the difference. I heard from my parents that he was doing better, but to see it for myself, to have him squeezing my hands was more precious than anything.
The festivities will officially conclude tomorrow night with the 'Credo/CS' end of year formal acting as my unofficial birthday party. Now if only I could get the 100 or so students going to remember to bring me presents...

4 Comments:

  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger Angela Dorizas said…

    Hope you got my somewhat belated Happy Birthday message! That's great news about your poppy. And yay for gyms...I finally became a member of my local gym a couple of weeks ago...now im aching all the time...but yay!
    Wish I could be at the formal tomorrow...but have a 21st to get too :(
    Have lots and lots of fun without me!
    Btw, what are u wearing there?
    *HUGS*

     
  • At 10:42 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    hey ang - yes i got your sms thanks! what to wear...? no idea yet. that will happen about 7 tomorrow night. have a good weekend - rest up!

     
  • At 5:26 am, Blogger Bronwyn said…

    Hi! Happy Birthday!! It sounds like it was a good extended-24-hour-celebration all round. Mine is next month: still haven't a clue what to do/how to celebrate. Any excuse for a party....

     
  • At 7:37 pm, Blogger Goldy said…

    As a late note, can I say that that is a great picture of all three of you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home