for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I take it back - I love technology

So here is one of the reasons why this last week has been so difficult with my computer...
Last Monday night I hit the town with Craig for a spot of night photography. After spending so much time taking photos from other places, I realised that I wanted to have something of my home town - that and it was a good excuse to play and try and see what other things my camera can come up with. This is actually one of my favourite shots from the night - I just like the contrast of the sharpness of the building compared with the blurry figure... but a couple of others will be on flickr soon too.

If nothing else - this week (with the threat of losing all my photos) has served as a great excuse to go meandering through the passages of time, and memories that are evoked from images. Isn't it amazing how something so small can throw you back to another time - another world - so vividly? Not to be too dramatic, but I really did almost pass out when the tech guys told me they thought everything was gone: the threat of having nothing to look back on was awful so I'm so thankful that staying up til the wee hours of the morning has paid off!

So to that end, I'm going to celebrate some memories and share some childhood photos over the next week or so.

Til then...

5 Comments:

  • At 5:56 am, Blogger Bronwyn said…

    your photos are awesome!

     
  • At 8:17 am, Blogger jodi said…

    aw - thanks bronwyn!

     
  • At 2:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jodi i love that shot!
    very nice indeed!

    And dont worry,i dont think you're been dramatic, i can very much relate to that - i totally love the way photos can take you back to another world! :)

    hey we should go photo taking sometime...

     
  • At 11:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favourite is that gorgeous girl on flickr playing with the bubbler.

    Biased? Perhaps.

     
  • At 12:20 am, Blogger jodi said…

    i'm just waiting til the day when i hear that little girl say "daddy i feel like some .... (read in dark chocolate perhaps?) ... do we have any?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home