for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

There are some days that I am hit by the enormity of what I am doing being in ministry - today was definitely one of them. I've spent the last 6 hrs running and re-running the days events over in my head. What did I say? Was it with the right tone? Was it Godly? Was it with His wisdom or my own?
So often, too often, I'm finding that it's easy for me to come up with answers to things based on my own opinions or values, my own experiences and emotions... This can't be good can it? Today I have been struck anew by how desperately we need to come to the Lord every day for His wisdom and guidance. Maybe esp in ministry? I've realised that the ramifications for others can be huge.
In Credo first year small groups we've been looking at 1 Thessalonians. Based on 1 Thess 5:12-13 can I urge us all to pray for our leaders and those who minister to us? Please? We need it...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so true jodi, so true!
    I am so thankful that it is the Lord who works through us as we speak and teach his word. But we cannot forget that it is Him who does this - and thus, as you said, prayer becomes a necessity. Its funny how saying something like that - its a necessity - cannot fully express how important it is! The work we do in ministry is so much more God than us, so we must acknowledge that and ask him for his help! I've definately been reminded of that recently too!
    Its hard to remember though hey?! Thank you for your reminder!

     
  • At 11:34 am, Blogger Justin said…

    Indeed...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home