for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Lord, thankyou for...???

I spent most of yesterday morning whinging to people about my crappy last few days. Then I went to one of my UTS small groups and we looked together at the set study, Psalm 23. Interestingly it seemed as though most people in the group where in a similar Jobian (ie "why me?") type of mood - so Psalm 23 was exactly what we needed to look at the see the providential hand of the Lord in caring for His people. The structure of the passage follows a 'He', 'me', 'You Lord' pattern - all the time emphasising God as the initiating, guiding, protecting and providing shepard.
It got me thinking about all the things that I am thankful to the Lord for. So I set some time aside this morning to sit down with a cuppa and write down every little thing that I am thankful for. In 30 mins I had filled up 4 A4 pages - and I have the impression that I haven't done my 'thanks Lord list' justice.
For those of you who read this who call on the name of Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, can I suggest that you maybe take some time to do the same yourself - and then proceed to bring them to Him in praise? If you feel the urge, maybe encourage each other by leaving a comment about a couple of the things that you're thankful to Him for here...


one of the things I was/am thankful for is the beauty of colour in creation - it's one of the things I love about autumn. Walking down my drive way this morning I looked up and saw all the leaves changing - just thought I'd share a little of my home with you.
Tonight is a big night - the Biggest Loser finale and reunion special is on! I have been addicted to this show since the beginning - the dedication that these people have shown to changing their lives just amazes and stupifies me! I can't wait! It's going to be so exciting!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:53 pm, Blogger Di said…

    Have you ever seen autumn leaves,
    When they pirouette and dance through the air?
    On smelt the smell of dewy grass,
    Or watched a lorikeet fly straight past
    Chirping and singing,
    Painting the morning with colour and life-
    It’s then I say to my maker,
    Oh Lord thankyou for being a wonderful creator!
    Thankyou for this gift of life.

    Have you ever felt such freedom,
    Of sitting in a park, reading aloud God’s holy word?
    Or have you stood up for the Lord in a uni classroom,
    Knowing everyone is out to presume,
    You’re a crazy Christian-
    But I, not even caring
    Yet smiling to God,
    Its then I say, Thankyou for showing me Jesus is Lord!
    Thankyou for guaranteeing a reward
    So my efforts aren’t in vain

    Have you ever tried to say thankyou to God,
    Yet not even known where to start?
    So many things to be grateful for,
    He has loved us abundantly, blessed us galore!
    Yet no song of praise, or poem or psalm
    Seems to totally encompass the gratefulness that I feel
    In being chosen by God, being marked with his seal,
    Thankyou Lord for this treasure that no one can take,
    Father, I shall praise you forever, with a heart full of thanks.

    -Di (feeling inspired on this glorious Saturday)

     
  • At 3:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jodi, that is such a good idea and something i probably dont do enough - thank you for that encouragement + I shall try to take up that challenge and do the same soon!
    Its funny, one thing i was going to say i am thankful for is colour in creation too! (hehe great minds ;)) As per my last post, i have been completely amazed at the beauty of the sunsets lately! God's power and love and creativity all expressed in these amazing moments! Very cool!
    Other things i am thankful for? Well, although i am sick right now i am thankful for a lot of things, that im not sicker, that i have a loving family to look after me, for the great brothers and sisters in christ who have been encouraging and challenging me lately in good conversations and emails, i am thankful that although i may struggle wtih things like patience, God is incredibly patient and loving, and i am thankful especially as i couldnt make it to church today cos of being sick, i am thankful that we have God;s word, that we can read it and pray to him any time and place! True blessings!
    God is good! :)

     
  • At 8:30 pm, Blogger Rory Shiner said…

    Hi Jodie,

    Thought I'd just pop over and say 'hello'. Looking forward to hearing about how your year has been at the staff conference.

    Blessings,

    Rory

     

Post a Comment

<< Home