for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

True love weathers all storms

It's a little bit unusual for me (i think) but I just had to write tonight. So, sorry about two posts within 24hours (well, sort of) - but i just couldn't resist...

Tonight I saw one of those beautiful, funny and sometimes slightly scary movies. It was a story that showed glimpses into many couples and their family lives as they struggled through life. It was about the pursuit of another, finding your true mate, being separated and finally what can happen during the long journey back to each other.

Along that journey there were threats to their survival (oh the sweet tension of will they get back together?!) and the grief that was depicted as they faced death was heartbreaking. One of the aspects of the story was the self sacrifice and denial of an individuals own needs so that the ones that they loved would be protected and their lives could be made better/easier - it was so humbling to see what love can make you do.

As I watched these two come together I was struck by the incredible tenderness that they showed towards each other. There was strength and fragility shown in following the desire of staying with, and protecting, the one that you choose to be with. Watching them I realised that I was jealous....

... of a penguin...!


If you haven't seen "March of the Penguin's" yet - go see it!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe how cute are they?!
    I love how they struggle to carry the babies hehe...
    anyway..i really like that description: "strength and fragility shown in following the desire of staying with, and protecting, the one that you choose to be with."
    just so true...

     
  • At 11:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jodi - hahahaha. the '...of a penguin' was all class.

    i cried in air bud, which was about a basket-ball playing dog; so given that this is Real Life Drama and it's as moving as you say it is, i think my pride will best be served by waiting for the DVD release.

    there's something about morgan freeman's voice... he could present a doco on paint drying and still manage to make it interesting.

     
  • At 10:17 pm, Blogger Camel said…

    I mentioned this movie in my blog on my Jeep trip. Went something along the lines of boring. Sam and I wern't really pumped to see it though. Was just something to do on a Monday night in Port Macquarie. I'm glad you enjoyed it though> I won't be hurrying to see it on DVD when it comes out.

     
  • At 10:34 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    camel! always nice to see your presence here...well, anyone's presence really (it's nice when you leave a message after reading ppl)

     
  • At 10:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just spreading the love... and avoiding assignments. but mainly spreading the love.

     
  • At 5:02 pm, Blogger Di said…

    Hi Jodi,

    Thought I'd use your blog to slip in a big caps lock THANKYOU for leading me in small group this semester- it has been awesome, loved every minute of it.

    I still maintain that you should not have driven a manual car with a cast on your wrist.

    Hope you enjoyed that mint pattie.

    Love you lots,
    Di
    p.s. After your emotional display in small group about the penguins, i am most keen to see the film- shall do so when uni is over!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home