for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Simple Saturdays

It would seem that my Saturday's have recently settled into comfortably predictable patterns. Over the last few weeks they've consisted of waking up and lying in my cozy queen bed for half an hour or so, followed by getting up and heading off to brunch with someone before turning into a soccermum and racing all over the northside to get to two or three Emerald games. The only OCD pattern that I've ever really had is I have this thing about locking my car twice (always think that I forget to lock it the first time so I have to head back)... So whilst these Saturdays aren't really on the same level, it's still a little strange for me to have become so habitual...


But I think I'm getting to like it. Some things change - like the companions and locations - last week it was yum cha at Market City and this weeks culinary delight came from a cute cafe called "Milk & Two" in Pyrmont down by the waterside (you've got to try their scrambled eggs sometime!).
The simplicity is, well... just plain nice really. For so many years I've been used to working on my weekends - and esp in the last few doing lots of makeup work then - so it's so good to do the simple things. I also discovered rundown and overgrown vine covered pub today, also in Pyrmont - but I think that's for another post.

PS: for those that care there are some new photos on the flicker - I've updated the soccer one for some photos today (mostly for Tiddy's benefit cos he was complaining there weren't any of him) as well as a few shots of things around Sydney. I'm going to learn how to take good photos!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yep, routine is love, jodi.

    you are not alone in OCD habits, although i have lots. some include ironing my pyjamas (it Makes A Difference) and emptying the bottom tray of the dishwasher first. always first.

    nice pictures. taken with the borrowed camera?

     
  • At 1:09 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    hey ghetto gal - yep, new camera was responsible.

     
  • At 3:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jodi that brunch looks soo good!
    I love going out to brunch, just doesnt happen nearly enough!
    Your new routine sounds pretty good to me!
    And for the record, whats this business about learning to take good photos? - they're already good! :)
    Having said that...im always keen to get some practice in with you sometime haha

     
  • At 6:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey jodi.. found your blog..

    interesting!

    im going to miss family time so much this week :(

    and OCD is great.. at least you dont go around turning off random eletrical swithes (they should not be on!) and not stepping on cracks.. which is fun.. but makes you look like a complete idiot..

     
  • At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah, yvette! you're so cool!

    Family Time is the best. or was. or will continue to be? i like to use capitals so other people also know it's the best.

    al.x

     
  • At 7:48 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    hello my young skeleton loving friend - welcome! Girls, family time can and will continue; from here through eternity - it'll just take on different forms over the years...
    xxx

     
  • At 10:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww thats so sweet. yes i shall capitalise from now on! Family Time is love!

    i ate some of the skeleton you bought me today! i showed sheryn and she thought it was way cool!

    woot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home