for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Emotions and anticipation

Friends will tell you that I am an emotional kinda gal. One friend used to ask where abouts on the rollercoaster I was; ie - how up or down am I at that particular moment. Well things have mellowed out over time, but I am still an emotional sucker and will cry at some really random things. For example, I don't actually watched the show 'Survivor' - yet I can turn on to a random episode and if it's a family reunion or something I'll cry. No matter how many times I watched a re-run of MASH where Henry dies or Hawkeye leaves - I'll bawl my damn eyes out.
It's worse when it comes to my best friends. When Penny told me that she and Marty were engaged, I cried. When she showed me her wedding dress, I cried. When she told me she was pregnant, I cried. When we went to buy the baby some clothes to come home in, you guessed it, I cried...
So you can imagine what I am going to be like in a couple of hours when I finally get to hold that precious little one. As I type, Pen is in labor and I'm basically just filling in/wasting time until I get the call telling me to come to the hospital.
Photos will come sometime soon!
YEAH!!!
(and anyone who reads this before the photos come, then get praying for a happy, healthy delivery!)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay! bring on the happy tears!

     
  • At 4:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    On behlaf of Penny - Olivia & Dalila - we are all doing fine. Olivia Daley has come into this world and says a MASSIVE HELLO to everyone :)

    Clocked in at the stroke of 11:00pm - 21/06/06 - 3.339kg - 54cm tall - orangie tinged hair - happy as all can be - has a wicked pitch of a scream - but loves to be held and loved by mum and dad and soon to best friends - anty Jodie.

    I'm going to bed - it's 4:52am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home