for those who don't want to just wait it out

like the song says this is a blog for someone who wants to say something (anything) and who's happy to wait and see what time will bring...

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Yep - I'm back

Why is it that so often I seem to find that I come back from holidays tired? Probably cos I get to caught up in doing too many things I guess. This time, most of it was invested with spending time with people I love, or meeting some new people. Which to be frank is a little odd for me to have enjoyed so much since what I love to do most on my holidays is hide away somewhere on my own...
But this time it worked for me. Started in Tamworth (hence the Golden Guitar) where I met Naree and stayed with her sister and their family for a couple of days before heading to Ballina.
So I thought I'd give you the highlights:

Hanging out with some old friends from college

Being able to spend time with Naree and let her be the wise one (as always) who acts as a compass for me

Sitting up late at night with Jeff and a drink solving each others, and the worlds, problems

Poached eggs and Katies coffee at 'Siroccos' - one of my all time favorite cafes


Getting up at 5.20 to walk up to Byron lighthouse with Jane and watch God's sun rise (ok, so that one was good and bad - the bad was the hour and walking/jogging 6k's at that time of day) followed by a big breakie with her girls

Just getting back to a place that I feel comfortable in...


For those who want more detail, (or are bored and want a way to avoid working) I've put a collection of photos together on my flickr under the album name "june/july road trip". Can I suggest that you look at it via the album not just what's loaded up on the main page - I put the photos in chronological order with descriptions so it will make more sense.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back Jodi!
    Just looked through the pics - absolutely beautiful - you are a seriously good photographer!
    Glad you had a good time away!
    And it was very encouraging to hear how you were encouraged by and prayed with those you went to college with - i agree, such an important and good thing to do!
    Anyway, take care! hope you get still get some rest in before work starts again!
    -C

     
  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger James said…

    James Says: Good to see you back Jodi.
    I can't believe you Jodi. I can't believe you would lie like that. I thought i knew you better than that. I thought you were one who could be trusted to be honest. Exercising before the sun comes up is never ever bad!

     
  • At 10:39 pm, Blogger jodi said…

    hey thanks chelsea, glad you liked some of the photos - just wish i could capture it the way that it really happens..

    and james - i hate to say it (because saying it publically like this means that you or anyone else can keep me accountable!) but i think i'm converted to the early morning exercise thing. my alarm is set for 5.30 tomorrow to head to the gym. answer me this though - does it get easier!!???

     
  • At 11:47 am, Blogger Goldy said…

    Sweet! I'll go check out your pics right now. I am sure that they are awesome!
    So I'm back. email me your mobile No. & I'll tee up some hijinx! ( love the word hijinx... so many letters with dots on them in it)

    TCG.><>.

     
  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger James said…

    James Says: I'm so proud Jodi!! You'll be a pro athlete in no time!
    Yeah it does get easier... it's a routine thing.
    Now the real question is... did you go this morning?

     
  • At 8:56 am, Blogger jodi said…

    uuuummmmmm......
    eeeerrrrrrr.....
    do i HAVE to answer that james?
    i think i need someone to get up at that hour with - it's just a little hard when no-one else is motivating me...
    maybe i should just go after work instead?
    damn - knew i shouldn't have said anything!

     
  • At 4:47 pm, Blogger JT said…

    That is the funniest string of comments I've read for ages!

    Should I not tell people that I'm planning to go to the gym tomo?...

    Glad you had a good hol.

    JT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home